So, a while back I won a giveaway by P-Dawg. So cool! I won a book Strengths Finder 2.0 by Tom Rath. In the book it gives you an access code to take an assessment online. After the assessment, it gives you your top 5 strengths out of I believe 34. The whole point of the book is so that people will focus on developing theirs talents and making them their strengths...developing who they are. Rather than trying to fix their weaknesses, and achieve for talents that they don't have, and trying to be somebody that they aren't.
I got the book today. Started reading it. Took the assessment. Thought I'd share my top 5 with you. And P-Dawg, you know I'm curious about yours once you figure out what they are.
So, here's mine.
1. Discipline- sets routines. likes timelines and deadlines. wants everything predictible, orderly, and planned.
2. Includer- want to include people and expand groups. instinctively accepting. casts few judgments.
3. Consistency- think balance and clear rules is important with no tipping scales to someone's favor
4. Relator- pulls towards people I already know, pleasure in being around close friends. comfortable with intimacy.
5. Woo- winning others over. likes the challenge of turning strangers into friends.
Yeaup, that's me. Don't you think these strengths would make me an excellent teacher?