Monday, June 15, 2009

Technology-free Week

So, last week my little Sister Sammie was given a challenge from a member of the bishopric in her ward. She was supposed to go one week without technology: cell phone, computer, television, radio, etc... and then give a talk about it on Sunday.

My family and I went to her ward yesterday to hear her speak. She did such a good job! I was really impressed. There were four speakers, and although they all did really well, her's was the best, I think. And that say's a lot because one of the other speakers was my dad!

She talked about spending a few nights with me and staying up talking and looking at scriptures with Christoper and I. She talked about how good of a mom I am and how she aspires to be like me. I cried. Wouldn't you?

...and oh my gosh, I'm feeding Emery right now and she just hit the carrots out of my hand and made such a mess on me and I'm wearing someone else's pants!...

But, her talk was amazing. I wish everyone could have heard it. I felt really good, and the meeting was really spiritual. I'm glad I went to that ward. Plus, there was cupcakes in Relief Society.

The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment