Wednesday, March 18, 2009

St. Patricks Day

So, Emery and I had a pretty good St. Pattis Day. We went to Elk Grove and went to music makers. She is obviously a little young to be able to participate in everything but I thought she would enjoy playing with other children and listening to them sing. And she did. I also have to get out sometimes for my own sanity.

I really liked it. I think our ward should have it personally...it's just an hour once a week for toddlers at home to be able to come visit with other children in the ward, sing songs, play around, and do some activities. Yesterday they sewed paper shamrocks. Not my Emery, but the others. =) I also got to see Brandi, and that was neat because I never get to see her anymore!

I decided to make green cuisine for dinner. It was a late dinner because Christopher was out doing ward missionary visits, and Erick and Amelia were coming over after Erick got out of school so we ate close to 9. But it was worth it. I made spinach fettucine (green pasta) with pesto sauce and garlic bread with parsley on it for green. We also had a green french vanilla cake with confetti frosting. Both stores I went to were out of green food dye! Should have done my shopping earlier I guess....but I put green sprinkles into the batter and it worked well.

To top it all of, we watched American Idol of course. =]

It was a good day. And I'm glad I stuffed my face late last night because today Christopher and I are fasting. Our ward is doing a 40 day fast for missionary work. Different families can sign up for one day, and today is ours. It's only 10 in the morning and I'm already hungry, but I'll get through this.

No comments:

Post a Comment