Thursday, July 30, 2009

Swimming across the lake

Last night, Christopher and I went to the lake with Emery, Sammie, and Pat. We wanted to take out the jetski, but it didn't happen. We had to wait for the boys to get off work, and Greg came over to have Chris and I sign some papers, so we didnt actually leave until about 6:00.

We stopped at subway and took our sandwiches to the lake. I love living so close to the lake. And the river. I really need to take more advantage of it.

I used to be one of those girls that couldn't get in the water quickly. I'd decide to get in, put in one step and stop. 2 minutes later, one more step down. Once i finished all the steps I would begin moving into deeper water on my tip toes. When everyone was ready to leave, I had just got in the water...(ok, thats an exaggeration)

Lately, I've been realizing how much I love swimming. And now I never really get to. When I'm in a pool, I have Emery. This means shallow end on flat feet so I can hold her up. So, when I have been going with my hubby this summer, I would let him hold her for a few minutes so I can actually swim. I love it.

Last night, he didn't really want to get in. It was kind of cold by the time we got there. But we took Emery swimming a bit, and then she was cold so Christopher and her went up to dry off and cuddle. I persuaded my 'easily persuaded' sister to get in and swim. We decided with Pat to swim across the lake.

Not the largest part of the lake of course. But, not the smallest. I have no sense of distance or time, but I will tell you it was much harder than I thought it would be. We swam across, took a minute break and swam, um, more like floated back.

We were exhausted. So we went to blockbuster and rented Knowing. It was scarier than I thought it would be. I'm easily scared. I was also kind of frusturated because I feel like the trailer didn't correctly represent the movie. But, oh well. It was interesting. Kept me on my butt and not laying down. And Chris stayed awake.

WOW.

Haha. Well, that's about it for now. I need to shower. Em's got a doctor's appointment in an hour. I also have errands to run today and Sammi is here visiting me. Will probably post tomorrow some family pictures that I am going to pick up today.

1 comment:

  1. I am totally guilty of the slow-get-in thing. I don't know when it happened, but I don't remember being like that as a kid. Wow, I totally couldn't swim across a lake anymore. You must have been so tired. :)

    ReplyDelete