Monday, December 1, 2008

How did I have such big baby?

I took Emery to the doctor's today...she hasn't been in 5 weeks, since she was only 9 days old. She now weighs 12 pounds 14 ounces. That isthe 99 percentile for her age! I think it's amazing that such a big girl came from me. Not that she was that big born...but still. I know she's big but shes also proportionate so the doctor isnt worried at all. I can put her in 3-6 month clothes now!

She got some vaccines today. In both thighs...poor thing. She barely ever cries so it was hard for me to see her crying and know that feeding her wouldnt make it go away. But I knew she was kind of hungry so I nursed her anyway, and she fell asleep. The nurse gave me some tylenol for her, so hopefully she wont be too fussy in the next few days.

Her cousin Ethan has had a hard time gaining weight. He was born 7 lbs 4 oz and after a month was only 7 lbs 5 oz. But today he is well over 8 pounds, and so good news for him as well.

Speaking of all this baby news, Amelia had her baby last night! A big baby too...8 lbs 10 oz. Mason Scott...I went to visit her but didn't get to see him because he wasn't in the room. I'll go visit again later today but I've heard he is beautiful and I definately believe that. Also, he has a normal 10 fingers and 10 toes...we really thought he'd be webbed but he lucked out. =]

No comments:

Post a Comment