Wednesday, April 15, 2009

We are so blessed!

So, money has been tight. Well, more than tight really...nonexistent. But we are okay. We are truly blessed.

So far, I have been given food items from 2 families. I have been fed dinner [or dessert, which is also necessary] by 5 families on the past 5 nights, and we are being fed by a different family again tonight.

Last night I had a rough day. But Christopher and I went to have dinner at Brooke and Joe's. It was so nice. Candie and Josh came over as well, and we got to watch The Biggest Loser. Christopher and I have decided to cut tv for a week to see how things change, because we both think we watch too much...but since we were at a friends, it was ok. =] When we got home, there was a bag of cookies and some money for our family. First of all, those cookies are delish! And the money was so appreciated. My parents just gave us a Raley's gift card. So, today I get to shop a bit, and now that we got some money I'm not so stressed about next week. I have an interview in Elk Grove on Tuesday and I was worried about not being able to pay for gas.

We really are blessed. And I know that we have some of the nicest friends ever. We also have very generous families. But, I know things would be different if we were not members of the church. And the people who have been serving us have all been members of the church. The church is true I tell you. My Heavenly Father is definately taking care of me and my family right now, and I know that it is through these families. And I am also so grateful to these families for being in tune to the spirit and for having the willingness to serve.

I am a logical person. I cannot just accept that money from last night. Immediately, my brain started racking to see who had left it. But, it really doesn't matter. Whoever offered that to us wasn't worried about being thanked, they were only worried about serving. And I take solace in the knowledge that God knows who they are and they will be blessed for their service.

So thank you to everyone who has been helping us out: my parents, my in laws, Erick and Amelia, Beth and Eric, Candie and Josh, Brooke and Joe..my sister who is feeding us tonight...Greg and Carmel are feeding us next week. You will all be blessed. Thank you so much! And thank you for everyone who keeps us in their prayers. We honestly appreciate it more than you can know.

2 comments:

  1. if you need anything, let us know!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. May the Lord continue to bless you! You both are the type of people who will pay it forward later~ you serve others all the time too :) I had fun with you the other day.

    ReplyDelete