Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Emery's Lullabys

I like to sing to her when she's upset or when I'm trying to put her to sleep. There are a few that I make up as I go. I thought I should jot some down because eventually I want to make this blog into a book and it's almost like a baby book because it's almost all about Emery. (She is my world)

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star
-The first verse I obviously didn't make up, it's well known...but I kept going and I made a new verse that I often sing to her

twinkle twinkle little star
how i wonder what you are
up above the world so high
like a diamond in the sky
twinkle twinkle little star
how i wonder what you are

when the world gets dark i pray
for some light to come my way
sun is gone and moon is nigh
stars start twinkling in the sky
twinkle twinkle little star
how i wonder what you are


-this next one i made up yesterday when she was so tired and upset but wouldnt go to sleep [for nap time not bed time]
-if you are lds its to the tune of "i love to see the temple"

im sorry you're upset
its sad when your this way
i like to see you smile
i like to see you play
but it's time for a nap right now
a time for eyes to close
i'll be right here when you wake up
just take a little doze

It's cheesy I know. But Emery doesn't care, and it helps calm her down. I'm sure there are many more to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment